16 May 2011

Science Museum Photo Challenge

I started my work placement at the Science Museum today! It's a compulsory part of my MA but I'm really glad I have this placement as it's going to be valuable beyond that. I'm working with the audience research team, doing some evaluation there, which looks like it's going to be a lot of fun and some good experience.

Anyway, since I'm going to be there for at least the next 4 weeks, I've decided to set myself a photo challenge! Every day I am working at the Science Museum during my placement, I'm going to post a photograph (at least one, anyway) of a different part of exhibit in the museum and say a little about it.

The photos won't be amazing quality, as I don't plan on carting my SLR into work through rush hour every day, but hopefully they'll be kind of interesting and a nice little extra project for me. Not like they haven't given me enough real work to do or anything!

So anyway, here's photo #1:

This is the Science Museum's 'Energy Hall' - the main hall you enter into - with 8 metre high 'Energy Ring' suspended from the ceiling which displays different Q and As from visitors around the topic of energy production and consumption. This is where I'm working!

And lord, I never realised how truly huge the Science Museum is! I predict I will get lost at least once a week. I already tried to be clever by taking the stairs somewhere instead of the lift and got myself very confused.

Oh, go on, one more photo:

No comments:

Post a Comment